Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Vogue V8511 Again

P5264138

I have nearly finished my shirt in the yellow fabric, McCalls M6035 but am waiting for the buttons to arrive in the post before I can finish it off. I'll write more about it when I post the photo of the finished article.

In the meantime, here is another version of Vogue V8511, which I actually made last year in June. I had already posted about my Kaffe Fasset version in the purple, orange and green cotton, but this one is in Liberty Tana Lawn, Strawberry Thief, and it's lined in bright purple. I love this dress in this fabric. The Tana Lawn is so airy and light, and it feels as though it rustles slightly when I move. The dress is a pleasure to wear and has been much more useful than I had imagined it could be.

I won't post any extra sewing details as it was so long ago it's all gone out of my head. Just thought I'd post pics whilst I'm waiting to finish off my yellow shirt.

P5264132

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's gorgeous, the fabric is perfect and I love the coordinating lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. The fabric is gorgeous and you matched it perfectly on the seams.

    ReplyDelete