Sunday, July 21, 2013

Colette Iris Shorts in Red Cotton Drill

Hi everyone!

I am just in the middle of making a By Hand London Anna Dress (a very quick make!), having discovered it by chance, and thought I'd make a very quick post about these red shorts in between, which I made on Friday.
P7212926
P7212934

P7212936

I have made the Iris shorts before so, having (eventually, with much gnashing of teeth) got the fit how I wanted it, I just made a paper copy of my original muslin, and off I went.  Gosh, these are quick to make, by which I mean just a couple of hours from start to finish.  This time I didn't put the pockets in because I didn't like the way they pulled open.

I like these shorts so much; I think they're pretty smart, so I would wear them anywhere I wouldn't usually consider wearing shorts.  They are a great length: they stop just before my thighs get a lot more meaty!  Also, they aren't tight, which means they are comfortable.  I have eaten toast, watermelon, a home-made strawberry and banana and ground flax milkshake, home-made golden syrup cake, a packet of crisps...you get the picture...and they are still comfy, though a little more expanded in the tummy area!  Sorry they look a bit creased, but I'd been sitting down in them for some time before taking the photos.

I am going to make a yellow drill pair next.
P7212905
I know some people say life is too short to mess around with patterns that need a lot of fitting to get right, but I'm really glad I persevered with these.  They are my fave shorts ever!

Just please don't be upset my my terribly knobbly knees!

Will post my Anna Dress v soon.

4 comments:

  1. Love your shorts, great colour as well, really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shorts too. And I say a little wistfully that I had an identical pair in 1975! My shorts wearing days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shorts and great color, and now that you have the fit right, you'll be able to whip so many of them up in no time! (I am the kind of girl that thinks life is too short to tweak patterns a lot...)
    And who cares about knobbly knees? Most people I know have them, including me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous...as are your legs!

    ReplyDelete